Friday, September 18, 2009

a tale of diamond earrings

When I was in high school and my kid sister was about to turn 16, my baby sister (who was 12 at the time) and I wanted to get her something knock-your-socks-off rad. We decided that diamond earrings would be the perfect Sweet Sixteen gift! We saved and saved! Finally, we went to the jeweler down the street and picked out the most sparkly pair we could afford (1/4 carat thank-you-very-much!).

She was shocked! And LOVED them. Baby sis and I were very proud of ourselves.

One month later it was my 18th birthday. Wouldn't you know that my little sisters gave ME a set of diamond earrings? Apparently, the two of them bought MY earrings long before we bought earrings for my sis.

This year...my baby sister turned 21. We totally got her diamond earrings. Finally.

I'm missing my little sisters right about now.

No comments:

Post a Comment