Tuesday, November 24, 2009

philly foodie

I spent this past weekend in Philadelphia with my fiance. He was in town for a huge teaching convention...so I drove down from upstate NY to hang with him for a couple days in between his sessions. We stayed a block from his RAD old place in Olde City (he lived in Philadelphia for a while in the early days of our dating phase)....around the corner from Betsy Ross' house. I love this section Philadelphia. LOVE it. The cobblestone streets, the church spires, Independence Hall, buildings from the 1700's, all the dang statues of Ben. God. It's amazing.

This time, for the first time, we took on the role of Philadelphia foodies and ate ourselves silly at every meal. Traditionally, we are rather broke travelers, so pizza places and cheap beer are what we fuel up on. Oh friends. Life is SO much more fun eating incredible cuisine along the way. We basically camped out on 2nd and Market...delicious street full of yummy eateries.

Best weekend involving food in my life. AND it was a great rendezvous with my loverboy.

No comments:

Post a Comment