Wednesday, January 20, 2010

glass blowing

I'm a Chihuly fanatic. His work gives me goosebumps. The color...the forms...the whimsy of it all just leaves me teary eyed and inspired (not to mention I wrote my senior thesis paper on him for Art History degree!) My affection for Chilhuly is shared with my mom - who is a sucker for beautiful glass. She used to beg me to learn glass-blowing...isn't that funny?

Well mom, our dreams could come true. Sonoran Glass Academy in Tucson, has classes open to the public to learn a variety of glass manipulation...including blowing!!!! I'll be moving to Tucson in two weeks...ummm...I might do this. I seriously might do this.

I just love when wishes come true.



3 comments:

  1. That is so neat! If you do take it up you should post photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When in Flagstaff again, check out George Averbeck at Fire on the Mountain :)

    ReplyDelete