Monday, March 22, 2010

tombstones

One of the highlights of our lil trip to Tombstone was the Boothill Graveyard. The local historical society keeps it looking fresh...probably a little more spic n span than it was in the late 1800's...but it was plenty interesting....and wicked creepy.

It was kindof sad...as most cemetaries are. There were so many tombstones that read "suicide." There was an informational packet that guides you through the graveyard, telling you a little bit more into the life, and death, of the people buried here.

There are a bunch of "ghost" tours at night...I think next time I'll do one of those.



"As you pass by,
remember that as you are,
so once was I,
and as I am, you soon will be.

Remember me."


1 comment:

  1. I am fascinated by old tombstones too. So interesting to think of the people they were and why they were there..same goes for old photos. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete