Sunday, August 22, 2010

venting

I pulled an overnight shift on Thursday.
Then I was oncall for four days and four nights from Friday to Sunday (I'm still oncall by the way...)
Tomorrow morning I start my new rotation, my HARDEST rotation, at 5am.
I won't have a day off for 9 straight days starting tomorrow.
(which is really 16 of working straight with no day off)

I feel like crying.

I haven't slept in 5 days...I haven't had a chance to study...or breath...or eat non-hospital food.
Or have a non-medically related conversation with a "normal" person.
I can't return emails, or check facebook, or call my mom.

Where is my life??

6 comments:

  1. :( *hugs*

    my question...how do you maintain two amazingly awesome blogs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not understand why doctor training is so intense! How can you be a good doctor when you're exhausted?? Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia, that's what I want to know.

    My friend who used to recruit doctors says residents never want to stay and practice wherever they spent their residency because of what they go through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :( Sounds awful. You're a crazy-strong woman for being able to handle all that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sending you hugs too. I'm with Julia and Lori, I'll never understand why it's necessary for doctors to go through such crazy intense shit. It's not healthy which is counterintuitive. and don't worry about us, we'll be here once you get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you, Jes! Deep breathes...this will pass. You will look back and be so proud of yourself for the hard work.

    ReplyDelete