Friday, August 13, 2010

windowsill collection


My mother in law has quirky little collections all over her house.  A collection of brightly colored glass figurines live on the family room's windowsill.  These are particularly pretty because the sun can play with their colors in such a hypnotic way.

I realized during this last trip to Rhode Island that I don't collect anything.  I mean, I have a relatively nice art collection...but it's not exactly a collection.  When I was little I collected all kinds of crap...kitten "stuff" and rocks and shells and American Girl "stuff" and books and postcards and baseball cards.  But now, I don't collect any one type of thing.

Hummm...I wonder what I should collect.  Do you collect something wonderful??

4 comments:

  1. well...i've been in the mode of "get rid of" since we've gotten married. I just went through some of the bags I was storing at a friends while Andy and I were gone and gave even MORE stuff to goodwill. I'm not sure, since i've "detoxed" my life if I want to get back to aquiring more "stuff." but i'm quite sure a collection of cook books will start to pile up regardless. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you collect something! It all depends on how you look at it though. Like me, I consider my love for shoes as an addiction and therefore a collection- which is totally appropriate considering how rarely I wear some of them. I also collect shot glasses from various places of interest and states in the U.S. And last but not least I collect salt and pepper shakers. Mostly antique/retro ones that look like different things or catch my fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jes! I've been an avid follower of both this and your wedding blog for awhile now and felt compelled to leave a comment today. I currently have many random collections that have started quite organically (mostly art/housewares type things): elephants and giraffes, butterflies, and vintage world globes. Oh and birds, too. What can I say, when I like something, it suddenly seems to appear everywhere and I HAVE to have it :)

    ReplyDelete