Friday, September 24, 2010

apple pie...without the pie


I'm lazy.  Well...not exactly LAZY....it's just that I'm busy.  So when I have a hankering for something like apple pie...  I'm not going to just whip one up like Miss Martha Stewart.  Maybe I'd consider making a pie...if it was a weekend and I had all day to do whatever I desired or something.  But projects like do not get done during the week.  Nope.

So.  I chop up local apples into bite sized bits...sprinkle 'em with cinnamon...and heat it up in the microwave for a minute or so.

Delish.

5 comments:

  1. That's very clever and sounds delicious. The smell of cooked apples is wonderful, isn't it? You can do something similar with pumpkin pie...just make the pumpkin custard mixture and bake it in little Pyrex cups or ramekins for a crustless alternative. mmmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. More healthy anyway. And you are NOT lazy! Please. LOL ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love doing this. Sometimes I'll add a little sugar and nutmeg, or a marshmallow, which melts oh so deliciously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds so yummy. I'm actually so tempted to go do that now and my husband would think i'm a genius! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. nothing wrong with that. baked apples are really good too. filled with brown sugar and cinnamon. mmmm.

    ReplyDelete