Friday, September 10, 2010

on the brink

 The leaves last fall in Philadelphia...I can't WAIT to see the explosion of color here in New York!

Can you feel it where you are?

I can.  I can feel it, and smell it, and see it all around me.

Autumn is beginning.  I am more excited that I could ever try to articulate!

This is my favorite time of year - the warm colors, the rich textures, the aromas of warm treats...zucchini bread and pumpkin bread and apple pies...hearty soups in sourdough bread bowls...hot tea...sweaters!  scarves!  The LEAVES!!  Oh my goodness...the leaves....

I've fallen in love with fall already...and it's barely just begun.

3 comments:

  1. i love fall for all the same reasons you do. great post: it got me excited all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's almost over here in Alaska. Boo hoo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to send you a super easy delicious soup recipe.

    Everything is green here, except for an occasional tree that totally turned yellow.

    ReplyDelete